As the nights draw in we can often see a slight rise in reports of burglary. This is due to the fact that people are less likely to be detected in the dark. The chances of being the victim of such crimes are still very low in Richmondshire and we hope by considering the following points we can help make your homes and businesses less appealing to criminals.
· Do you have external motion censored lighting?
· Do you have adequate locks on your sheds and out buildings?
· Do you let your trusted neighbours know when you are away from your home address for long periods of time so they can keep an eye on your home?
· Do you have CCTV covering your drives and gardens?
· Do you leave valuables in clear view of your windows?
· Do you leave your car keys in view of your windows or close to your front door?
· Do you advertise on social media when you are away from home?
· Do you remember to lock your doors and windows when you go out?
With these points in mind, I ask you all to look at what security measures you currently have around your homes and gardens. I hope you take the opportunity to check your security measures in preparation for the winter months. If you feel particularly vulnerable or need any help or advice please do not hesitate to contact one of the team.
Rural Team Updates
I am very pleased to introduce PC 1158 Bernie Luker, our new Rural Police Constable who has recently replaced PS Mark Wood. PC Luker has joined Richmond NPT after working as a response officer for North Yorkshire Police and also with Cleveland Police.
Incidents of note
I’m pleased to say that crime over the last few months has been relatively low around the Richmond rural areas most reports have been regarding anti-social behaviour and poaching. The total number of reports made is 36.
Barton -Poaching 01/08/21
Brompton 0n swale – Theft of scrap metal 17/08/21
Croft- Criminal Damage at the church 19/08/21
Crime and ASB Data
No of Incidents
Environmental – 1
Nuisance - 3
Personal - 11
Auto crime - 1
Burglary :Criminal Damage 3
Theft (including from shops)3
Violence Against the Person 9
Other crimes including Drugs 1
TOTAL THIS PERIOD 36
Rural Team Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Felicity, We will endeavour to help and support where we can. As you may be aware PS Mark Wood has recently left the team after serving 6 years on promotion to police sergeant however we are lucky to be able to continue to draw on him for his support when required and will be getting a new beat manager in due course.
PC 1158 Bernie Luker, PCSO 3651 Connor Mattison, PCSO 4303 Felicity Wilkinson